Hindi Entertainment News  
Hema’s not afraid
 
he filmmaker has decided to join the box-office showdown with SRK, releasing Tell Me O Khuda alongside the actor's RA.One in Diwali She was the first filmmaker to sign Shah Rukh Khan. And now, it seems that Hema Malini will compete at the box-office with the actor, whose first endeavour in Bollywood was in her directorial venture Dil Aashna Hai. A source informed us that Hema has decided to take on SRK's dream project RA.One with the simultaneous release of her film Tell Me O Khuda, this Diwali. The industry has since been abuzz with speculations about SRK's reaction to Hema's box-office showdown, especially since Tell Me O Khuda features a cameo by the actor's arch rival, Salman Khan. The source revealed, "For the first time, neither party are trying to sabotage each other. In the past, when Sanjay Leela Bhansali dared to take on the SRK starrer Om Shanti Om with his Saawariya, it created an unprecedented amount of friction and tension between the two parties. But, SRK and Hemaji go way back. Hemaji was the first producer to sign him for Dil Aashna Hai. Ever since then, SRK has had the highest regard for Hemaji." Reportedly, SRK has not allowed his personal equations with Salman to interfere with his relationship with Hema. "SRK has in fact been very supportive of Hema's daughter Esha Deol's comeback in Tell Me O Khuda," added the source. When contacted, Hema confirmed, "We had a meeting with the distributors and exhibitors, on Friday, and we all decided to go for a Diwali release. I was advised against it since RA.One is also releasing on Diwali. But it's not as if people would want to watch only one film during Diwali. Some of the biggest successes have happened during Diwali. I don't think we need to fear competition from anyone." Reportedly, Hema is not the only one unperturbed to compete with SRK. Even filmmakers, Suniel Shetty and Himesh Reshammiya, have decided to release their films Loot and Dammadam respectively, alongside SRK's RA.One.
 
Sunday, September 18, 2011
 
Ready to fight in court
 
Anees Bazmee has sued the makers of the Salman Khan and Asin starrer for non-payment of dues The Salman Khan and Asin Thottumkal starrer Ready might have been one of the biggest hits of the year but director Anees Bazmee is definitely not a happy man. Bazmee, who had earlier complained of not having been paid by the producers of the film (Mumbai Mirror, July 26, 2011) has now gone ahead and filed a case against Bhushan Kumar and T Series. A source informed, "Anees has filed a case against T Series. They were supposed to pay him Rs 9 crore and 11 lakh plus 30 percent of profits. It has been four months since the film released and Anees is still to get his balance payment. He had to go to court. The case will now come for hearing on Monday.” Although Anees Bazmee remained unavailable for comments, Bhushan Kumar confirmed the news and said, “Anees has indeed filed a case against us. We are yet to get the entire amount of money from the distributors. We explained that to Aneesbhai.” “We are ready to present our side of the story in court. The film has earned Rs 120 crore. The deal was that we would pay him 30 percent of the profits after we recover all our money. We had to reshoot two songs, which cost as an extra Rs 2 crore. Added to that, we spent Rs 20 crore in publicity,” added Bhushan. Bhushan also stated that he had paid Anees a signing amount of Rs 5 core four years back. “He never returned that amount. And then we made this film. Anees had not paid BJN group Rs 5 crore earlier and Rs 50 lakh to Percept. Both had taken leagal action against him,” the producer added. On the other hand, Mayur Barot, a close friend and associate of Anees Bazmee said, “Aneesbhai has been in the industry for 35 years and never faced such a situation. As far as the other producers are concerned, Anees has already paid a major chunk back to BJN though it has got nothing to do with this case. Anees has gone to court and has faith in the judicial system of our country.”
 
Sunday, September 18, 2011
 
Atul takes a serious break
 
The actor known for his grim roles will be seen in an all new comic avatar in Hriday Shetty's Challis Chaurasi Winning a national award for his portrayal of Shriram Abhyankar in Kamal Haasan's Hey Ram, Atul Kulkarni carved his niche in Bollywood. The actor followed up his first Hindi award winning performance with a host of serious roles in Madhur Bhandarkar's Chandni Bar, Satta and Rajkumar Santoshi's Khakhee. Breaking away from this serious stereotype, Kulkarni will be seen, perhaps for the first time in a completely comic avatar in Hriday Shetty’s Challis Chaurasi. Confirming the story, the actor said, “Yes, this is a first for me. I started off my career with Hey Ram and followed it up with Chandni Bar. These films created an image of me. The image stuck with me. Ironically, I started off my stage career with comedies. Even when I was in NSD (National School of Drama, New Delhi), I essayed quite a few comic characters. However, I never got a chance to do comedies in my film career. Because of my image, I always ended up getting serious roles.” However, Atul Kulkarni doesn't deny that his first attempt at comedy was in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's Delhi 6. “My character Gobar was a light hearted and simple man. But that wasn't outright comic. Challis Chaurasi certainly is a surprise. Hriday Shetty believes that my character of Bobby will surprise everyone,” added the actor. Talking about the film, the actor revealed, “In Challis Chaurasi, Naseerbhai (Naseeruddin Shah, Ravi Kishan, Kay Kay Menon and I play four undercover cops. It is a comic thriller. Since there are no female leads in the film, we do the dancing and singing part as well.”
 
Sunday, September 18, 2011
 
Atul takes a serious break
 
The actor known for his grim roles will be seen in an all new comic avatar in Hriday Shetty's Challis Chaurasi Winning a national award for his portrayal of Shriram Abhyankar in Kamal Haasan's Hey Ram, Atul Kulkarni carved his niche in Bollywood. The actor followed up his first Hindi award winning performance with a host of serious roles in Madhur Bhandarkar's Chandni Bar, Satta and Rajkumar Santoshi's Khakhee. Breaking away from this serious stereotype, Kulkarni will be seen, perhaps for the first time in a completely comic avatar in Hriday Shetty’s Challis Chaurasi. Confirming the story, the actor said, “Yes, this is a first for me. I started off my career with Hey Ram and followed it up with Chandni Bar. These films created an image of me. The image stuck with me. Ironically, I started off my stage career with comedies. Even when I was in NSD (National School of Drama, New Delhi), I essayed quite a few comic characters. However, I never got a chance to do comedies in my film career. Because of my image, I always ended up getting serious roles.” However, Atul Kulkarni doesn't deny that his first attempt at comedy was in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's Delhi 6. “My character Gobar was a light hearted and simple man. But that wasn't outright comic. Challis Chaurasi certainly is a surprise. Hriday Shetty believes that my character of Bobby will surprise everyone,” added the actor. Talking about the film, the actor revealed, “In Challis Chaurasi, Naseerbhai (Naseeruddin Shah, Ravi Kishan, Kay Kay Menon and I play four undercover cops. It is a comic thriller. Since there are no female leads in the film, we do the dancing and singing part as well.”
 
Sunday, September 18, 2011
 
Ready to fight in court
 
Anees Bazmee has sued the makers of the Salman Khan and Asin starrer for non-payment of dues The Salman Khan and Asin Thottumkal starrer Ready might have been one of the biggest hits of the year but director Anees Bazmee is definitely not a happy man. Bazmee, who had earlier complained of not having been paid by the producers of the film (Mumbai Mirror, July 26, 2011) has now gone ahead and filed a case against Bhushan Kumar and T Series. A source informed, "Anees has filed a case against T Series. They were supposed to pay him Rs 9 crore and 11 lakh plus 30 percent of profits. It has been four months since the film released and Anees is still to get his balance payment. He had to go to court. The case will now come for hearing on Monday.” Although Anees Bazmee remained unavailable for comments, Bhushan Kumar confirmed the news and said, “Anees has indeed filed a case against us. We are yet to get the entire amount of money from the distributors. We explained that to Aneesbhai.” “We are ready to present our side of the story in court. The film has earned Rs 120 crore. The deal was that we would pay him 30 percent of the profits after we recover all our money. We had to reshoot two songs, which cost as an extra Rs 2 crore. Added to that, we spent Rs 20 crore in publicity,” added Bhushan. Bhushan also stated that he had paid Anees a signing amount of Rs 5 core four years back. “He never returned that amount. And then we made this film. Anees had not paid BJN group Rs 5 crore earlier and Rs 50 lakh to Percept. Both had taken leagal action against him,” the producer added. On the other hand, Mayur Barot, a close friend and associate of Anees Bazmee said, “Aneesbhai has been in the industry for 35 years and never faced such a situation. As far as the other producers are concerned, Anees has already paid a major chunk back to BJN though it has got nothing to do with this case. Anees has gone to court and has faith in the judicial system of our country.”
 
Sunday, September 18, 2011
 
Hema’s not afraid
 
The filmmaker has decided to join the box-office showdown with SRK, releasing Tell Me O Khuda alongside the actor's RA.One in Diwali She was the first filmmaker to sign Shah Rukh Khan. And now, it seems that Hema Malini will compete at the box-office with the actor, whose first endeavour in Bollywood was in her directorial venture Dil Aashna Hai. A source informed us that Hema has decided to take on SRK's dream project RA.One with the simultaneous release of her film Tell Me O Khuda, this Diwali. The industry has since been abuzz with speculations about SRK's reaction to Hema's box-office showdown, especially since Tell Me O Khuda features a cameo by the actor's arch rival, Salman Khan. The source revealed, "For the first time, neither party are trying to sabotage each other. In the past, when Sanjay Leela Bhansali dared to take on the SRK starrer Om Shanti Om with his Saawariya, it created an unprecedented amount of friction and tension between the two parties. But, SRK and Hemaji go way back. Hemaji was the first producer to sign him for Dil Aashna Hai. Ever since then, SRK has had the highest regard for Hemaji." Reportedly, SRK has not allowed his personal equations with Salman to interfere with his relationship with Hema. "SRK has in fact been very supportive of Hema's daughter Esha Deol's comeback in Tell Me O Khuda," added the source. When contacted, Hema confirmed, "We had a meeting with the distributors and exhibitors, on Friday, and we all decided to go for a Diwali release. I was advised against it since RA.One is also releasing on Diwali. But it's not as if people would want to watch only one film during Diwali. Some of the biggest successes have happened during Diwali. I don't think we need to fear competition from anyone." Reportedly, Hema is not the only one unperturbed to compete with SRK. Even filmmakers, Suniel Shetty and Himesh Reshammiya, have decided to release their films Loot and Dammadam respectively, alongside SRK's RA.One.
 
Sunday, September 18, 2011
 
Bebo turns down Tusshar starrer
 
The actress will not be a part of Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai Part 2, the lead actor from the original film will now play a double role in the sequel In 2001, Tusshar Kapoor made his big Bollywood debut with Satish Kaushik's Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai. The sequel to the decade old film is all set to go on floors on October 18. This time without the original leading lady Kareena Kapoor. Though the producer Vashu Bhagnani, director Satish Kaushik and lead actor Tusshar Kapoor remain a part of the sequel, the leading lady it seems has chosen to turn down the offer. Despite being good friends with lead actor Tusshar and his sister Ekta Kapoor, Kareena cited date problems and opted out of the project. A source informed Mumbai Mirror, "Actually there was no question of Kareena being part of this project. She has moved way ahead of the MKKH league." When contacted, director Satish Kaushik confirms the sequel, saying, "yes, we start shooting MKKH 2 from October 18. There's no Kareena this time. Tusshar features in a double role. He will have three leading ladies." However, the director denied approaching Kareena for the said project. "It is not a single heroine film. I have great memories of working with Kareena in Mujhe Kucch Kehna Hai. But I do have another script especially for her. She's super talented and I am proud of her," said Kaushik. Tusshar Kapoor on the other hand, is not only a part of the sequel to his debut project but also plays his career's first double role in the same. "Tusshar plays a double role. He plays a Sardarji in one of his avatars. It is a very funny script and my first full fledged comedy."
 
Sunday, September 18, 2011
 
Caught in the Act
 
Bobby Darling booked for indecency at a homosexual party in Andheri on Saturday, spends night in custody On Saturday evening, Bobby Darling decked himself up and got ready to hit a gay party held in Oshiwara (Andheri, West). Little did Bobby know that the night, which began with a lot of fun and frolic would end with him in custody. The actor was arrested by cops who raided the party at 1.30 am. He was caught in a compromising position with one of the many revelers at the do. The police raided the party after the neighbours complained about the loud music that was being played. “The cops came rather unexpectedly, just when every person at the party was having his share of fun. They stopped the party and made a few arrests as well. Bobby too was led away by them,” informed a source. “Bobby was petrified when he realised that the cops were booking him for indecent behaviour. He tried to argue with them in vain. The police knew what they were doing,” added the source. The actor who was caught in an indecent position at the party, however tried to defend himself. “I was not indulging in any immoral act. It was just that the plice swooped down at the party and took us away. I happened to be one of those taken to the police station. But I was soon let off. You see, I had gone to the party as a celebrity. I was paid for it quite well,” said Bobby Darling. Irritated at being linked up to the gay party, the actor added, “What you also need to understand is that I am not physically attracted to gay men. Yes, I do have a soft corner for them and the transgenders. However, I have never had any physical relation with gay men. That is also because I believe I am a girl. In my past also, I have always had romantic relationships with straight men only.” When contacted, Assistant Inspector Sanjay More of Oshiwara Police Station told Mumbai Mirror, “Yes, we did arrest Bobby Darling. And we charged him for indecent behaviour. He was let off in the morning after he paid a bail of Rs 12,500.”
 
Sunday, September 18, 2011
 
Betrayal by one you love is really tough: Bipasha
 
Actress Bipasha Basu talks about her toughest scene so far... By far the toughest scene I've ever done was for Rituparno Ghosh's film Shob Charitra Kalponik. I had to break down, when I realised only after my husband Prosenjeet's death that he betrayed me. Betrayal by the one you love is really tough. And this girl I was playing had no living person to challenge, counter-question and hurl recriminations at. Her betrayer was dead! I basically had to get bitter about an idea rather than at a human being. So I did whatever I could. I recalled how deep a betrayal my character had suffered. My character realised that her husband had used every bit of her character, feelings and even incidents from her life in his writing. She realised his Bangla poetry was just a replication of what she used to write in English. I thought of all of that in the breakdown scene .I couldn't stop crying, even after the scene was over. I had to fall back on memories to get the emotion right. I was playing the bread-winner of the family, while my husband was a poet and a dreamer. He never took his responsibilities as a husband seriously. He even had an affair. And my character wanted to leave him. But post his death, my character begins to listen to his poetry and she falls in love with her dead husband. Then when she feels betrayed, I had to return to a state of disappointment I felt during the marriage. The breakdown that followed was the toughest scene of my life. I couldn't have done it without my director Rituparno Ghosh. He helped me reach into the recesses of my subconscious where I had never been before.
 
Sunday, September 18, 2011
 
Sonam Kapoor is shy no more
 
Done with keeping her relationship under wraps, the actress let her hair down with Punit Malhotra Some are not scared to flaunt their beaus. Some just take time. It took Sonam Kapoor and Punit Malhotra a good 30 months to come out in the open. But finally, the actress and the young director made their liaison official. On Thursday night, at Imran Khan’s bash at his Bandra residence, Sonam and her I Hate Luv Storys director Punit threw caution to the wind and behaved like a pair of besotted lovebirds. An eyewitness revealed, “Though Sonam and Punit entered the party separate, once inside Imran’s house, the two stuck to each other throughout. They looked like they were in a very happy and comfortable space together.” Sonam and Punit, it may be recalled, have been extremely discreet about their relationship. Three months back, while dining at a popular suburban restaurant, Sonam and Punit were spotted by a journalist. Realising that the cameraman present at the restaurant had started filming them, Punit instantly sneaked out and ran, while Sonam took charge of telling the reporter off. The relationship that was kept under covers so far, managed to attract much attention at the party at Imran’s home, which was attended by Deepika Padukone, her beau Siddhartha Mallya, Aamir Khan, Kiran Rao. UTV CEO Siddharth Roy Kapoor, Kunaal Roy Kapoor, Anushka Sharma, Shahid Kapoor and Abbas Tyrewala among many others. The eyewitness added, “Sonam did raise a few eyebrows when she chatted up with Deepika. Siddhartha was constantly by Dippy’s side. Punit, on the other hand did the same with Sonam. The young director stuck to Sonam.” Speaking about Sonam and Punit’s chemistry, the eyewitness revealed, “They were very comfortable with each other. It was very clear that they are fond of each other. It is high time they came out in the open and declared their love for each other. Love is a beautiful thing, and moreover, they have been going steady for the last two-and-half years now. Why do they continue to play hide-and-seek?” When contacted Sonam and Punit decided to remain shy and reticent still and chose not reply. They were very comfortable with each other. It’s high time they declared their love
 
Sunday, September 18, 2011
 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 

PREVIOUS     NEXT

Results 1 - 19 of 104 Pages